What are Wrinkles?
Wrinkles are a natural part of the aging process, presenting as fine lines and creases on the face and body. These lines can be exacerbated due to prolonged sun exposure, repeated facial expressions, genetics, environmental factors, and a lack of collagen production in the body that occurs naturally as we age.
What is The Cost of Wrinkle Treatments?
The cost of your wrinkle treatment will entirely depend on the treatment technique and type you choose, the severity of your concerns, and how many sessions you wish to attend. Along with creating a customized treatment plan to address your aging concerns, the Skin Matters team will answer any questions you may have during your consultation, especially those regarding the cost.
Wrinkle Treatments at Skin Matters
Skin Matters offers a range of wrinkle-reduction treatments, including Botox® injections, Exilis, SkinVive, Thermage, and Morpheus8.
Why Choose Skin Matters for Wrinkle Treatments?
Led by Dr. Cheng, Dr. Liew, and Dr. Yong, the talented doctors at the Skin Matters clinic in Vancouver bring with them a combined 55+ years of experience in medical aesthetics and wrinkle reduction treatments. When you’re in the hands of the esteemed doctors and clinicians at Skin Matters, you know you’ll be leaving with firm, youthful-looking wrinkle treatment results.
Vancouver’s Wrinkle Experts
At Skin Matters, we offer various wrinkle treatment options to give you the safest, most effective skin rejuvenating treatments. Our minimally invasive, fine line-reducing treatments will make you look and feel refreshed and youthful.
What Causes Wrinkles?
Wrinkles can be caused by:
- Repeated facial movements.
- Prolonged sun exposure, especially if not protected by SPF.
- Environmental factors, such as pollution.
- A lack of collagen and elastin produced in the body.
- A lack of hydration.
- Cigarettes and alcohol.
- Stress and a lack of sleep.
Types of Wrinkles
There are two main types of facial wrinkles: static and dynamic. Repeated facial expressions cause dynamic wrinkles, so you don’t notice them until you’re older. When collagen production decreases in our bodies, dynamic wrinkles become more permanent, ultimately becoming static wrinkles.
Static wrinkles stay on your face even when your face is in a neutral state. These wrinkles begin in your 30s and deepen over time.
Areas Affected by Wrinkles
Some of the most prominent areas affected by wrinkles include:
- The forehead.
- Around the mouth (marionette lines).
- Around the nose (bunny lines).
- Around the eyes (crow’s feet).
- From the nose to the mouth (nasolabial folds or “smile/frown lines”).
- On or around the lips.
- Between the eyebrows (“elevens”).
Risks and Side Effects of Wrinkle Treatments
Some risks associated with dermal fillers and radiofrequency wrinkle treatments include:
- Temporary redness, tenderness, bruising, and swelling.
- Pain, numbness, and headaches.
Many of these side effects will subside within a few hours, and none should last more than a few days. If they do, contact the Skin Matters team or your doctor as soon as possible.
Benefits of Removing Wrinkles
Some benefits of our wrinkle removing treatments include:
- A decreased appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, dark spots, and fine lines to give you a more youthful look.
- Same-day results when treated with injectable filler.
- Low discomfort treatments that often take under an hour.
- Minimally to non-invasive options that rejuvenate your skin.
Wrinkle Treatments FAQs
What is the best treatment to get rid of deep wrinkles?
To determine the best treatment for your wrinkle concerns, book a consultation with the Skin Matters team. Together, we will create a customized treatment plan to reduce signs of aging, no matter how severe. However, you should be aware that the deeper your wrinkles are, the more complex your treatment plan assessment could be.
When age do wrinkles begin to show?
Wrinkles can begin to show as early as your 20s and as late as your 40s - they can be visible depending on various factors.
How to prevent wrinkles?
Whether you’re in your twenties or thirties and want to take preventative measures or have more mature skin and want to protect your results after a treatment, there are some precautions you can take to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Some measures you can take include:
- Apply SPF repeatedly throughout the day and avoid prolonged sun exposure.
- Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet and hydrate throughout the day.
- Maintain a consistent, moisturizing skin care regimen. Incorporate antioxidants, Vitamin C, and
- Vitamin A when possible.
- Get plenty of sleep.
Can wrinkles come back after treatment?
Yes, wrinkles are an inevitable part of the aging process and will eventually return after a good amount of time. However, Skin Matters wrinkle treatments are a great way to slow down the aging process and prevent deepening of wrinkles from coming back too quickly.
Book a Wrinkle Treatments Consultation Today
Please schedule a short consultation to find out how Skin Matters can help you find a solution for your wrinkle treatments. We are standing by and ready to help you look and feel your best!