What is Mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy goes by many names; Micro Droplet therapy, Hydration Therapy, Volite Hydration treatment, to list a few. Here at Skin Matters, we refer to this incredible treatment as Volite® Skin Quality Treatment. This treatment uses pure hyaluronic acid (typically JUVÉDERM® Volite) to promote skin rejuvenation, hydration, and skin tightening through a series of injections into the skin's middle layer (the dermis).
Using a very fine needle, a series of shallow injections of pure hyaluronic acid is made to the middle layer of the skin.
- The under eyes.
- Sagging skin in the jowls, neck, and cheeks.
- Uneven skin texture (due to acne scarring, enlarged pores, fine lines)
Mesotherapy Treatment at a Glance
Why Choose Skin Matters for Mesotherapy?
Skin Matters strives to provide the best professional medical aesthetic advice and skin rejuvenation treatments. We offer the same advice to our patients as our friends and family, offering a carefully selected variety of safe and effective treatment options that we deem appropriate for our patients, such as mesotherapy. Our team of licensed Medical Doctors have been performing Volite Skin Quality Treatment for patients in Vancouver for over 10 years.
Vancouver’s Mesotherapy Experts
Our talented doctors bring a combined 55+ years of experience in medical aesthetics, with decades of expertise in clinical medicine and facial rejuvenation. The Skin Matters resident mesotherapy experts Dr. Cheng, Dr. Liew, and Dr. Yong, aim to give you the best results in a comfortable clinical setting.
How Is Mesotherapy from Skin Matters Applied?
At Skin Matters, your mesotherapy treatment is performed by applying hyaluronic acid into the skin using a fine needle and a series of shallow injections.
Benefits of Mesotherapy
Mesotherapy is one of the few rejuvenation treatments that can be performed on the face, neck, body, and scalp. Some of its benefits include:
- Tightening sagging skin.
- Reducing signs of aging.
- Reducing the appearance of uneven texture.
- Reducing signs of acne scarring and enlarged pores
Risks and Side Effects of Mesotherapy
While side effects and adverse reactions are rare at the Skin Matters clinic due to our expertise and attention to detail, you should be aware of some risks that can occur during a Mesotherapy treatment, including:
- An allergic reaction to hyaluronic acid.
- Inflammation and swelling in the treatment area.
- Skin infections if the injection sites are near bacteria.
- Bruising at the injection site.
Are You a Candidate for Mesotherapy Treatment?
You are a good candidate for Mesotherapy if you are between 30 and 75, and in good health. This treatment rejuvenates and enhances your natural features and contours and should not be considered a weight loss or hair transplant treatment.
How to Prepare for Your Mesotherapy Treatment
To prepare for your Mesotherapy treatment, you will first need to attend your consultation with the Skin Matters team. You will learn what to expect during this time and receive detailed preparation and aftercare instructions. You might have to:
- Avoid anti-inflammatory drugs for one week before the treatment.
- Stay hydrated beforehand.
- Keep the treatment area clean and free of lotion or sunscreen.
- Avoid alcohol, drugs, and smoking for a week before and after your Mesotherapy treatment.
Aftercare, Recovery and Maintenance for Mesotherapy Treatment
Some general aftercare tips you should follow once you are done with your mesotherapy treatment includes:
- Avoiding skincare products with harsh chemicals, acids, retinol, or Vitamin C for 3 days post-treatment.
- Avoiding strenuous exercise and sweating for the first day following your treatment.
- Avoiding direct sun exposure and heat for the first 3 days.
How often should you do Mesotherapy?
At Skin Matters, we recommend 1 treatment of Volite every 6-8 months.
How long does it take to see results from Mesotherapy treatments?
Your results will show immediately after your multiple initial injections, but full visibility of your results can be seen within 6-8 weeks following the completion of your treatments.
Is Mesotherapy painful?
Pain management is a core focus of our team in preparation for your treatment. To ensure a quick and pain-free treatment, topical numbing cream will be applied in advance of the treatment. Since the injections are shallow and the needles used are so thin, expected pain will be minimal to nothing.
Who is Not Suitable for Mesotherapy?
Do not seek out a mesotherapy treatment if you are:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Suffering from chronic illnesses like kidney disease, liver disease, cancer, or an autoimmune condition.
- Struggling with severe skin sagging or signs of aging that may require a more invasive procedure.